As we come out of the slower winter months, February here in Edmonton has seen an increase in unit sales and prices. This is a typical jump we see as we move towards the spring market.
This February unit sales in Edmonton were up across all categories from January 2019:
- Single family homes increased 23.31%.
- Condo sales increased 26/05%.
- Duplex/row-houses increased 17.53%.
Residential categories were down 11.01% from February 2018:
- Single family homes decreased 2.73%.
- Condo sales decreased 6.62%.
- Duplex/row-houses decreased 9.60%.
Average unit prices since January 2019:
- Single-family homes average price was $430,000 which is an increase of 6.36%.
- Condo price averages was $222, 267 which is an increase of 1.64%.
- Duplexes and townhouses average price was $321,288 decreased a small 0.24%.
Average unit prices for single family homes and condos are on the rise since January 2019, but are down from February 2018. Although inventory is currently high, it is great to see an upward trend heading into the busy spring market.
The average days on the market decreased compared to last month for all home types:
- Single family homes averaged 70 days on the market.
- Condos averaged 76 days on the market.
- Duplex/row-houses averaged 80 days on the market.
The highest priced sales in Edmonton in February 2019 were the following:
- The highest priced single family home sold for $1,699,900.
- The highest priced condo sold for $999,000.
- The highest priced duplex/town-house sold for $650,000.